I’m a little bummed that Summer is over but I’m thrilled that 3 out of 4 kids are back in school 🙂 I know August is a really hard month for many people to stay on track with vacations and getting the kids ready for back to school. I notice activity, in terms of questions through email and in our Facebook groups slow down significantly in August. Now that a routine has returned take the opportunity to get active again. I’m seeing a big uptick in participation already now that September is here. Get plugged in and put together a nice long streak!
I have been extremely busy studying and preparing for my NASM (National Academy of Sports Medicine) Personal Trainer certification. I spent every free moment I had this summer getting ready for this exam. I was quite happy that my hard work payed off by not only passing but quickly realizing that there was no faking your way through the test. Simply put if you didn’t know the material inside and out you were not passing.
The one thing I kept coming back to while studying is how fantastic so many of Beachbody programs truly are. Guess which program is practically perfect in terms of NASM OPT model?…P90X2! I’m not surprised. I never felt better or performed better than when I did X2. The program starts with a Stability/Flexibitlty phase, moves to Strength and finishes with a Power/Performance phase. X2 was/is a terrible seller for Beachbody. Why? In my opinion it is a few things:
- You need lots of toys for the best results (Rumbe Roller, Med balls, Stability ball,etc)
- It looks hard, and it is lol. People’s balance and flexibity stinks. Guess what? The only way to get better is to work on it.
- Many people felt it wasn’t as hard as P90X. I respectfully disagree. If you were able to do all the moves as shown with proper form and balance you get a heck of a workout.
- All the workouts are right around an hour long. People aren’t willing to make that commitment 6 days a week.
My thought has always been if you have some issues X2 is the best program to get you fixed. My right shoulder has always been a disaster (2 surgeries). All the stability work in X2 basically made it feel like new. A great progression for a 6 month plan to incredible results would be P90X2 followed by Body Beast.
Year of the Beast Round 2
The Year of the Beast group has been on FIRE! While most people and groups slow down in August this one has bucked the trend and been going strong and in fact is gaining momentum. I can’t wait to see all the incredible results out of this group. We’re entering the final Beast phase but the other Top Coaches and I have decided to reopen the group for round 2!
Don’t miss out on your chance to join the YOTB group starting October 6th!
I know many people on the Team wanted to join in July but couldn’t for one reason or another. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to be part of this amazing group. Beast creator Sagi Kalev is even a frequent contributor 🙂 The requirements for YOTB are more strict than the normal Accountability group so message me for details. The GREAT news is the Body Beast Challenge Pack is on sale for the month of September!
My personal progress for YOTB has been great. I started at my normal 205-210lbs and I’m up to 216lbs without getting too fluffy. The Great news is I’m up to 3800 calories a day (That’s a lot of food!). My plan is to work it up to 4000 by the end of the year and spend Jan-July doing a very SLOOOOOW cut. I’m going to write something very soon about building up your metabolism. The long term goal for everyone is to be increasing your calories for a manageable and sustainable lifestyle.
21 Day FIX Challenge Pack on sale
The 21 Day Fix CP is on sale this month for only $140! The CPs always come with the program AND a months worth of Shakeology. The Fix has been Beachbody’s most popular program since it was released in February. People LOVE the 30 minute workouts and the simple nutrition plan.
Have a great week and Bring it!
And 2 favors that I ask:
1) If you like the hard work I put into writing my articles and videos, PLEASE help me out by sharing them. Click the share links below them and share them on FB, twitter, etc. It really helps me get more exposure and grow teamINFINITYX!
2) Also, as always, remember that the way I benefit from being your coach is that I earn a commission from any Beachbody products that you purchase, as long as you buy them through our site, www.teamINFINITYX.com, or by logging in to www.teambeachbody.com to do your shopping (If you buy from the plain beachbody site I get no credit). It helps with the amount of time I spend answering your questions and helping you out. Thank you! I really appreciate it!
Diamond Independent Team Beachbody Coach